Everyone loves donuts and we love them, even more, when each bite tastes delightfully sweet, with the knowledge of knowing they are healthier than your average donut! This simple Matcha donut recipe will make your snack and dessert time, a period to look forward to! As you know Matcha powder comes in different grades, the best one to use for this specific recipe is Evzin Superior Matcha for the brightest color and cleanest flavor!
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or another granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Evzin Superior Matcha powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unflavoured plant milk (soy or almond)
- ¼ cup coconut oil liquid state
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil a 6 cavity doughnut pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the matcha, baking powder, flour, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until fully mixed and a thick batter forms.
- Pipe or spoon the batter into the doughnut cavities. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When the doughnuts are cool, remove them from the pan and sprinkle them with coconut flakes.
Now they’re ready to have a bite!
Enjoy them very matcha!