In our amazing Matcha journey, we feel blessed that more than often, we have the chance to cross paths with beautiful people which have the same passion with us and pursue their dreams and goals. One of them is the young and talented Clinical Dietitian/Nutritionist Anna Maria Ioannou
Anna Maria loves Matcha, almost(!) as much as we do 🙂 and were thrilled to find out that she has created a delicious new Matcha Cupcake recipe using our own organic Matcha!
We loved the recipe so much, that we are-posting it exactly as published by Anna Maria! We are sure you will love it too! You can also find the recipe at Anna Maria’s page here
Matcha Cupcake By Anna Maria Ioannou, Clinical Dietitian/Nutritionist:
Yeap! You read that right.
If you have been following me then you know that I love Matcha tea. In the past I have posted about the benefits of Matcha tea and why you should include it in your diet (you can read about it here). I also love cupcakes, not so much the taste, but mostly how cute they look.
So I thought why not combine the two?
After a few failed attempts I have managed to come up with the following recipe. These cupcakes are sweet enough (without using excessive amounts of sugar), moist (without using excessive amounts of fats) and look pretty cool since they are green.
For the recipe you will need:
- 50g light butter (melted)
- 50g of sugar
- 120g applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 125g fat free greek yogurt
- 160g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Matcha Green Tea (I am a big fan of the Evzin Bio)
- 2-3 drops of stevia extract (I like the coconut flavored one for this recipe)
- 50g light cream cheese (semi melted)
- 100g 0% fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 tsp Matcha Tea
- 150g powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, Matcha Tea and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the butter with sugar for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add the applesauce,eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 3 minutes. Add greek yogurt and blend well.
- In a low speed beat in the dry ingredients until just combined. Don’t over-beat,
- Fill each cupcake liner with 3/4 batter. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes or until the toothpick inserted will come out clean.
- Cool off completely before frosting.
- With electric mixer beat the cream cheese with greek yogurt, Matcha Tea and powdered sugar until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before enjoying.
Per cupcake (without frosting):
3g fat (1g saturated fat)
12g carbohydrates (1g sugar)
Per cupcake (with frosting):
3g fat (1g saturated fat)
25g carbohydrates (13g sugar)
Start creating delicious Matcha recipes today with our 100% Organic Japanese Matcha!