On a cozy afternoon, what better way to enjoy the moment than by having a sweet treat to accompany your favorite matcha tea! A simple, delicious recipe that will impress anyone that takes a bite and will become one of your favorites to make since it’s quick and no baking is required! Using Evzin matcha, will enhance the overall flavors of the dessert and give an extra added touch!
For the crust:
- 130g Lotus biscuits or any other biscuit (~15 cookies)
- 70g Melted butter
For the filling:
- 300g Cream cheese
- 200g Firm tofu
- 200g Whipping cream
- 110g Granulated sugar
- 2tbsp matcha + 1tbsp for swirl
- 12g Gelatin powder
- 100g Water
- To start off, line the bottom of a 16cm circular springform pan with nonstick paper.
- Then, in a blender, blend lotus biscuits until finely crumbled. To a medium-sized bowl add crumbs and mix in melted butter. Finally, press them down into a crust in an even layer in the pan.
- Add water to the gelatine powder in a small bowl and set aside for 5min to work its magic.
- Moving on to the cheesecake mix, firstly, blend together cream cheese, firm tofu, cream, sugar, and 2 tbsp of Evzin matcha. Then, microwave gelatine mixture on short 5s intervals until melted completely. While blending, slowly stream liquid gelatine into the cheesecake mixture.
- When the mix is done, pour it into the cake pan over the cookie crust and allow it to set in the fridge overnight.
- To unmould, warm the sides with a wet warm towel or hairdryer and lift out with the parchment.
Sprinkle some more matcha on top, slice, and serve. Enjoy very matcha!